On The Move
Loggerhead Apparel Expands Offering
Sep 5, 2012
GREENVILLE, SC - September 5, 2012 - On the heels of announcing a partnership with its 50th retailer, Loggerhead Apparel is also introducing new items to its American-grown, American-made product line, including additional colors for the signature Bellwether Polo, new t-shirt styles, caps and belts.
Four New Polo Colors
The company’s signature Bellwether Polo – constructed of 100 percent American-grown pima cotton – has four new colors, featuring names that pay homage to Loggerhead Apparel’s coastal roots, including:
- Sullivan’s Sea Glass – Similar to aquamarine, the color reflects the blue-green sea glass that washes up on the shore of Sullivan’s Island.
- Haint Blue - A baby blue shade seen on homes throughout the South influenced by the Gullah tradition of painting porch ceilings light blue to ward off evil spirits.
- Sailor’s Delight – A true red inspired by the coastal saying “red sky at night, sailor’s delight”.
- Fort Moultrie Blue –A royal blue similar to the color found in the South Carolina state flag, originally inspired by the Fort Moultrie “Liberty” flag.
The company has also expanded their polo line – and now offers Bellwether 360° which includes alternate embroidery colors for the Loggerhead Apparel logo.
Three New T-shirt Designs
Three new tagless t-shirt designs, all of which are American-made with 100 percent American-grown combed cotton, have been added to the company’s t-shirt collection. Highlighting the brand’s commitment to both the local textile industry and loggerhead sea turtle conservation, new designs include:
- William Lamb & Son Loggerhead Tee – The design features a custom loggerhead sea turtle illustration by William Lamb, a Florida based artist and co-owner of William Lamb & Son. The artist has also provided art for other clothing brands including Brooks Brothers and Southern Proper.
- USS Loggerhead Tee – The tee showcases a design once used for a 1944 United States Navy submarine, the USS Loggerhead. Loggerhead Apparel has worked with the Maritime Museum in Manitowoc, Wisconsin (where the submarine was built) to bring the historic logo back.
- Born in South Carolina Tee – Available exclusively in South Carolina, the design includes an image of the state and the phrase “Born in South Carolina”, illustrating the brand’s dedication to local textile companies.
New Hats in Four Different Colors
Loggerhead Apparel has also added four American-made caps to their product line. The new hats, made entirely of American-grown brushed cotton, feature the Loggerhead Apparel logo and are available in white, khaki, navy and royal blue.
Handmade Loggerhead Belts
The company’s expanded product offering includes belts that are handmade in Virginia. Featuring genuine leather tabs and nickel buckles, the belts are available in cloth or leather with ribbon.
Launched in early 2011, Loggerhead Apparel donates 10 percent of all sales – not profits but sales – to regional sea turtle conservation efforts. Additionally, the majority of the manufacturing takes place in several independently owned facilities in South Carolina.
Loggerhead Apparel owners, husband and wife duo Zac and Sara Painter, are excited to expand the product offering to answer increased demand. “As we enter new markets and grow our retail presence, it seemed natural to enlarge our product offering as well,” said Sara. “We are proud to continue our message through these new items and accommodate fans and retailers who share our passion for conservation and American-made products.”
In the last year, Loggerhead Apparel has committed more than $20,000 to groups in the Carolinas, Florida, Texas and California, including the South Carolina Aquarium, Sea Turtle Conservatory, SEWEE Association and Sea Turtle Restoration Project.
Loggerhead Apparel is available in more than 50 retailers along the east coast – from South Florida to New Jersey – and has also recently partnered with retailers in Missouri and Kentucky. The brand plans to expand to communities throughout the United States that embrace a coastal, casual lifestyle for a cause. For more information on Loggerhead Apparel, please visit www.LoggerheadApparel.com or follow on Facebook at www.facebook.com/LoggerheadApparel.
About Loggerhead Apparel
Loggerhead Apparel provides premium, American-grown, American-made clothing and accessories. The concept was born in early 2009 in the minds of two South Carolina natives. One a product of the Lowcountry, who grew up on the coast just north of Charleston, the other a product of the Upstate, the grandchild of mill workers in the textile town of Spartanburg. Their passion and pride for the state of South Carolina, its people and its beauty, its wildlife and its economy, led to Loggerhead Apparel.