On The Move
Verizon Wireless To Host Free Smartphone Workshops For Upstate Residents
Oct 18, 2012
GREENVILLE, SC - October 19, 2012 - To help customers maximize the benefits of their smartphones, Verizon Wireless will host free workshops in the Upstate throughout the remainder of October. The workshops, which are led by local Verizon data experts, will educate customers on a wide range of topics, including information on setting up email, navigating apps, customizing features and troubleshooting.
“We understand what an overwhelming experience getting a new smartphone can be,” said Jerry Fountain, president for Verizon Wireless’ Carolinas/ Tennessee region. “The workshops help our customers maximize the capabilities of their devices and train them to master basic features and functions, allowing them to enjoy the benefits of these advanced devices.”
The sessions are held at local Verizon Wireless stores and offer personalized, hands-on training to attendees at no cost. In addition to the in-store workshops, the company offers informative, easy-to-follow workshops online for those not able to attend in person.
Below are the dates, times and locations of upcoming workshops in the Upstate. To register for a workshop or to get more information, visit verizonwireless.com/workshops.
Android: Getting Started
• Tues., Oct 23, 6-7 p.m., 6031 Wade Hampton Blvd., Greer
• Wed., Oct. 24, 6-7 p.m., 2399 E. Main St., Spartanburg
• Wed., Oct. 24, 6-7 p.m., 365 Harrison Bridge Road, Simpsonville
• Tues., Oct. 30, 6-7 p.m., 4 Market Point Drive, Greenville
• Tues., Oct 30, 8-9 a.m., 3513 Clemson Blvd., Anderson
Apple iPhone Workshop
• Sat., Oct. 20, 8-9 a.m., 119 E. Blackstock Road, Spartanburg
• Tues., Oct. 23, 6-7 p.m., 4 Market Point Drive, Greenville
• Tues., Oct. 23, 8-9 a.m., 3513 Clemson Blvd., Anderson
• Tues., Oct 30, 6-7 p.m., 6031 Wade Hampton Blvd., Greer
• Wed., Oct. 31, 6-7 p.m., 365 Harrison Bridge Road, Simpsonville
• Wed., Oct. 31, 6-7 p.m., 2399 E. Main St., Spartanburg
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves nearly 96 million retail customers, including 90.4 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 75,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.