On The Move
Sherman College to Host Student Recruitment Event October 18-19
Sep 16, 2013
Help People with a Career in Chiropractic
SPARTANBURG, SC - September 16, 2013 - Sherman College of Chiropractic welcomes future doctors of chiropractic to campus October 18-19 for its fall open house event, “Activate…Your Future at Sherman,” where guests will discover why Fast Company, Forbes, Career Cast and other organizations repeatedly name chiropractic as a top job and what sets Sherman apart as a leader in chiropractic education.
According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, chiropractic employment opportunities are growing faster than the average for all occupations. Employment of chiropractors is expected to increase by 28 percent this decade. “Activate…Your Future” is designed to help prospective students learn more about the chiropractic profession and a chiropractic education at Sherman College. Sherman College’s Doctor of Chiropractic program is unique in its approach to health care and known globally for producing doctors who are highly skilled in their delivery of chiropractic care.
Visitors will tour Sherman’s campus, anatomy lab and on-campus Chiropractic Health Center. They will talk with faculty and students about the curriculum and learn about our academic program, campus community, financial aid and housing options. Current students will share why they chose a chiropractic career and why Sherman is the best place to earn the doctor of chiropractic degree. College faculty will lead a hands-on chiropractic technique presentation, and prospective students can have transcripts evaluated and learn more about financial aid, job placement and available scholarships.
The schedule is as follows:
Friday, October 18
- 9:30-10:00 Registration
- 10:00-10:20 Welcome – Vice President for Enrollment Services Kelley Jones Ashcraft;Admissions Staff Introductions
- 10:30-12:00 National “Talk the Tic” chiropractic health talk competition on campus
- 12:00-1:15 Lunch with Talk the Tic Contestants
- 1:15-2:00 Technique Class with Dr. Joe Donofrio, Dean of Clinical Sciences
- 2:15-3:00 Philosophy Class with Dr. Bill Decken, Philosophy Department Chair
- 3:00-4:00 Campus tour, including visits to the anatomy lab and health center
- 4:00-4:45 Admissions presentations
- 4:45-5:30 Admission and Financial Aid meetings
- 5:30-6:00 Chiro Games
- 6:00-7:30 Dinner with current Sherman College students
Saturday, October 19
- 9:30-9:45 Registration
- 9:45-10:00 Welcome
- 10:00-10:50 Business and chiropractic
- 11:00-11:50 Leadership in chiropractic/leadership in the community
- 12:00-1:15 Lunch with chiropractors from the college’s International Research and Philosophy Symposium, also held the same weekend on campus
- 1:30-2:30 Admissions and Financial Aid meetings
- 2:30-3:30 Tour of local apartments (optional)
For more information about “Activate…Your Future at Sherman,” contact Caroline Batson at 864-578-8770, ext. 200, or email@example.com or visit http://www.sherman.edu/1forms/activate-future.asp.
Sherman College of Chiropractic offers a first professional degree program leading to the doctor of chiropractic degree; it is one of just 18 chiropractic colleges in the United States and the only one in the Carolinas. Sherman College provides students with a comprehensive chiropractic education, preparing them to enter the field as doctors of chiropractic who are highly skilled, compassionate, ethical and successful. On its 80-acre campus in South Carolina, Sherman offers a first professional degree program unique in its approach to health care and known globally for the skill and art of chiropractic delivered by graduates. For more information, visit www.sherman.edu or call 800-849-8771.